Mayor Evelyn Deverell
The Village of Harristown Mayor is the chief administrator for the village.
Listed below are just a few of the responsibilities for the mayor's office.
- Overseeing the performance of all Village departments
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by the Village Board of Trustees
- Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions of the Village operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the Village
- Responding to citizen concerns
- Acts as the local Liquor Control Commissioner
The Mayor also works to develop the Village's annual budget, works with other administrators in the region, and performs other duties assigned to the mayor per the request from the Village Board of Trustees.
The responsibility of the Village of Harristown Mayor is to serve all citizens and business owners fairly and openly. A committment to applying these principles in the most professional and timely manner possible is key in guiding our community through continued growth and success.