The Village Clerk serves as the link between the Village Board of Trustees and residents. The office of Clerk for the Village of Harristown provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the Village Board of Trustees and the Mayor. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the Village of Harristown Clerk.
- Attends all board meetings & keeps a full record of their proceedings
- Publishes all ordinances and announcements for village residents
- Files all reports of revenues and expenditures for each fiscal year
- Is in charge of all election materials and filings
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Administers all Oaths to elected officials